The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (Recipe of Double Tree by Hilton)
- 225 g softened butter
- 165 g (3/4 cup and 1 tbsp) white sugar
- 150 g (3/4 cup) packed soft brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 290 g (2 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 50 g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 465 g (2 2/3 cups) chocolate chips (I preferred dark chocolate chips.)
- 220 g (1 3/4 cups) chopped walnuts
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a stand mixer bowl on medium speed for about two minutes.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice, blending with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for about two minutes, or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl.
- With the mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Don’t over mix.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Portion dough with a scoop (about three tablespoons) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about two inches apart.
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is still soft.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for about one hour.
In April 2020, while most people stuck at home in the effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, Double Tree by Hilton has generously shared the official bake-at-home recipe for the brand’s renowned delicious chocolate chip cookie, so families around the world can enjoy the fun of baking together.
“We know this is an anxious time for everyone,” Shawn McAteer, senior vice president and global head of Double Tree by Hilton, said. “A warm chocolate chip cookie can’t solve everything, but it can bring a moment of comfort and happiness.”